The comprehensive plan of this region was approved in 2009. Its initial quantitative targets were 10 million tons of steel, 10 million tons of petrochemicals, 1.2 million tons of aluminium, 2.3 million tons of alumina and 10 thousand MW of power, but in the last review in 2015, quantitative targets of the zone changed to 4 million tons of steel, 600 thousand tons of aluminium, 3 million tons of alumina, 18 million tons of petrochemicals and 4300 MW of power.
The obtained permits are as follows:
1. The initial agreement of the Environmental Protection Agency’s with establishment of the zone;
2. The initial approval of the Ministry of Oil with a quota of 20 million cubic meters of natural gas per day;
3. The initial agreement of Ports and Maritime Organization with construction of the Parsian port;
4. Ministry of Agriculture agreed with the submission of all legal authorities to this zone in line with Article 23 of the law for establishing special zones;
5. Islamic Republic Customs agreements with the opening a regional customs (this agreement is subjected to the completion of the fences of the zone);
6. Elimination of exchange obligations for investors’ of the zone.
Permits under way
1. Parsian port environmental permit from the Environmental Protection Organization;
2. Maritime border permit from the Ministry of Interior;
3. Construction permits for port from Ports and Maritime Organization.
Infrastructures and under construction infrastructures
1. Construction of more than 90 percent of the fence for customs area in the zone;
2. Construction of more than 10 km of two-lane asphalt road in the southern site of the zone linking Parsian port to North site;
3.Construction of over 5.14 km two-lane asphalt road in the North site to access petrochemical and steel sites and make connection with the South Site (Parsian Port).
4. Construction of 20 km water network from North site to South site;
5. Construction of power network (20 kV power line) with an approximate length of 19 km;
6. Holding tender for construction of Customs building;
7. Preparation of tender document for tendering of works required to complete construction of power transmission line from North site to South site;
8. Receiving 4 MW power conection for construction period;
9. Receiving 15 litters per second water connection from Hormozgan Province Water and Wastewater Company for construction period;
10. Receiving 15 litters per second water connection from Rural Water and Wastewater Company for construction period.
Parsian port construction
1. Pre-qualification documents of renderers have been prepared for international public tender;
2. Start up phase of Parsian port includes 1500 meters main breakwater, four waterfront for public goods, container, dry bulk and liquids with the length of 1080 meters, implementation of 560 meter extraction dikes and dredging to a depth of 15.4 meters to the CD to make loading and unloading of about 9 million tons per year, possible.
Investments in the region
1,100 hectares of north site lands of this area is dedicated to the establishment of 18 million tons of petrochemical plants. Four plots of this area are allocated to investment applicants.
1. Soroush Sustainabile Energy Company affiliated to Pasargad Bank. 160 hectares of land is allocated to the company’s GTX project with an investment of USD 2.8 billion. The company has started site levelling and preparation works.
2. Mahtab Parsian Petrochemical Company affiliated to Farhangian Pension Fund. 120 hectares of land is allocated to the company’s GTX project with investment of USD 2.0 billion. The company is about to start levelling and ground preparing operations at the site.
3. Entekhab Group Investment Company is in the phase of signing contract for allocating 40 hectares of land for the company’s MEG and GTPP projects;
4. Arya Salim Persian Company is in the phase of signing contract for allocating 50 hectares of land for its olefin project.
5. Farayandsazan Nargan Company is in the phase of negotiating and signing contract for allocating 50 hectares of land for its MTP/PP project.
6. Tarh Sanat Lavan Company is in the phase of negotiating and signing contract for allocating 60 hectares of land for its GTO project.
7. Several other multinational investors such as Indorama, Pak Sabz Petrochemical Corp, Total of France, BASF of Germany, Persian Gulf Petrochemicals Holding and etc are applying for investment in the petrochemical industry of the region.
8. BASF of Germany and Total of France have visited the zone recently and expressed their desire for investment in the region and they confirm potentialities of this region;
9. Pasargad Support Operation Company is the applicant of constructing a service and welfare complex in the region;
10. South Aluminium Company is located at the special area of Lamerd, has completed the operation of the land levelling and preparation of its aluminium warehouse plot located near the Parsian port.
11. Deutschland Oxin Company is applicant of constructing a power plant with a capacity of 800 MW. Negotiations with the company have resulted to drafting the agreement.
12. Parsian Setare Pak Water Desalination Company on behalf of the WTD Company is the applicant of constructing a desalination plant. The feasibility report has been sent to Consultant Company.
The advantages of investing in Special Economic Zone of Parsian:
1. Close to South Pars gas reserves (150 km);
2. Access to shipping lines;
3. Utilization of capacities of Fars, Hormozgan and Bushehr provinces for development;
4. Access to infrastructure facilities available on the Pars sites 1 and 2;
5. Using legal advantages of the special zones;
6. Using tax and customs exemptions.
Parsian Special Economic Zone for Metal Industries
- Nov 16 2016
Parsian Special Economic Zone of Energy-consuming Industries with an area of 9800 hectares is located 40 km east of Asaluyeh, the plan of this zone exchanged between Management and Planning Organization of Iran and IMIDRO in 2005. This special zone was approved by MPO in 2010 and was notified by government in 2011. This zone has been considered for goals such as the establishment of heavy industries such as steel, aluminum, alumina, petrochemical and supporting industries such as power plants and water desalination plants, ports and docks.
- Latest News
- Most Popular
TEDPIX Ends Monday Trade 0.74% HigherTuesday, 16 Jan 2018 Published:16 Jan 2018
TEDPIX Breaks Above 97,000Monday, 15 Jan 2018 Published:15 Jan 2018
Asian Development Model Proposed by Iran Private SectorMonday, 15 Jan 2018 Published:15 Jan 2018
TEDPIX Makes Tepid Gain, IFX Up 2.7% in Weekly TradeSaturday, 13 Jan 2018 Published:13 Jan 2018
TEDPIX Loses 183 Points in Tuesday TradeWednesday, 10 Jan 2018 Published:10 Jan 2018
TEDPIX Makes Slight GainsTuesday, 09 Jan 2018 Published:09 Jan 2018
Unique Potentialities of
Parsian Special Economic Zone for Metal IndustriesWednesday, 16 Nov 2016 Published:16 Nov 2016
Invitation for Investors to Implement Parsian Port PlanWednesday, 09 Nov 2016 Published:09 Nov 2016
TEDPIX Breaks Above 97,000Monday, 15 Jan 2018 Published:15 Jan 2018
Lamerd Special Economic Zone on the Brink of Industrial leapWednesday, 16 Nov 2016 Published:16 Nov 2016